UK & Eire section
UK Section meetings
The UK & EIRE secretary is Helen Wang firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society holds meetings in London (British Museum) and Oxford (Ashmolean Museum) and online.
In the United Kingdom the society usually holds two study days each year at the British Museum, London, and Ashmolean Museum, Oxford. For details contact Helen Wang.
22nd June 2019: ONS Study Day, Heberden Coin Room, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford
- “Afghanistan: coinage during the transition to Islamic rule 690-750” – Joe Cribb, London
- “Excavations an Indo-Greek Site in the Peshawar Valley: Spring 2019” – Dr Gul Rahim Khan, University of Peshawar
- “Islamic Art and Coinage: Some Insights” – Shailendra Bhandare, Oxford
- “Umayyad Gold Coinage” – Graham Byfield, London
11 August 2018: Study Day, Ashmolean Museum
- Shailen Bhandare, Oxford – The life of John Flaxman’s ‘Lion and Palm Tree’ in India
- Joe Cribb, London – Some Kushan golden moments
- Karan Singh, London – Lead coins of the Mitra kings of Punjab.
- Paul Stevens. Great Missenden – Works in Progress: an Update
- Gul Rahim Khan, University of Peshawar – Latest Archaeological Excavations at Hayatabad, Peshawar
- Amol Bankar, independent scholar, Pune
May 6th 2017: ONS Meeting in Oxford
Karan Singh talking on Gupta coinage
Rahul Raza talking on Oriental-Greek understandings of Hellenistic coin imagery
Joe Cribb talking on Numismatic evidence for Kushan Chronology
The audience enjoying the humour of numismatic research